An Alluring Proposition (Dreyfus)

High City of the Northlands

Moderators: Principal Author, Regional Author, Associate Author, Junior Author

Tobias
Character Sheet: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2238
Character Secrets: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2300

♅ 13th Ash, Year 121, A.O.S ♅
Company: Richard, Dreyfus| Thoughts: Someone is watching me.| Mood: Unsettled

The sunset approached as Tobias walked along the streets of the West End, it appeared that he was weary after a long day at the College of Minders. It was the most boring job within the order, but it paid the bills and it was a start. However, he didn’t quite feel at ease, like someone had been watching him. He turned making his way over to the East End. His father had been waiting for him at the Golden Peacock after work as he immediately made his stop outside.

He looked around curiously as he furrowed his eyebrows vigilantly as he scanned the area, seeing that there was no one there. Slowly, he opened the door and entered the inn. It was then he took a while as he stared over at his father with a rueful smile on his face.. Richard had been sitting there waiting after work as Tobias smiled at him “Well, this is certainly upscale” He answered as he sat down, opposite his father.

“The Golden Peacock, one of the finest inns in Zaichaer…” Richard answered as he looked over at him for a moment “How was your first day doing proper order work?” He asked as Tobias looked over his shoulder once again. He was clearly on edge as he felt that presence again. Tobias gulped as he looked over at Richard “I’m sorry if I seem a bit out of it. I’m not used to having to watch my back everyday” He smiled as his father laughed “Come on, you’re being paranoid, you should be celebrating, it’s a new start.” He said with a smile.

With laughter, Tobias suddenly smiled as he chuckled, as his eyes narrowed with a devilishly feline intensity as his lips curled further upwards into a smirk “Well, if you're buying… I can scrounge even further, I’ll find a way to pay you back” He chuckled out as Richard returned laughter “You know, if you need anything, you can always ask me, but…” He paused as his gaze became stern and serious “Don’t do anything stupid, I can read your mind” He declared bluntly with such seriousness that his gaze turned into a glare.

Tobias suddenly frowned again as he sighed “You’re still holding a grudge on the incident? Although, it’s probably best if we keep that quiet, especially when eyes and ears are everywhere…” He said looking over his shoulder for a moment. Richard nodded as he moved from his seat and smiled “I’m gonna go get drinks, but do holler if you need anything.” He said, smiling back at him.
word count: 475

Return to “Zaichaer”