I, Fareed

The Jewel of the Northlands

Moderators: Principal Author, Regional Author, Associate Author, Junior Author

Barbatos
Title: Orphan of Zaichaer
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?p=18775#p18775
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?t=3466

My wish...

The remnants of rational thought yet screamed within the sable-skinned man. It pleaded for him to reconsider this precarious position that they were in. iT begged for him to let the ivory-haired woman up, lest permanent damage be done to their friendship. Was it not a risk to be doing such things? Was he not risking the sole friendship he had cultivated since Zaichaer's decimation? Why risk the only thing he had now?

Her words put rational thought to the sword.

Before Barbatos could blink, she leaned up and pressed her lips upon his own. Instinct rippled through the man, wildfire cascading not only across his face but through the whole of his being. He leaned forward, allowing himself to be drawn into her lips and her touch. Yet, just as soon as it had occurred, their moment had ended. Beneath her laid a woman whose cheeks were aflame. Whose gaze was now looking away from him.

An apology spilled forth from her and Barbatos moved over, seating himself just beside her. His hands ran through his dreadlocks as his heart thundered within his chest. "I...uhh..." he began, stammering lightly, before adding: "...so that's what a kiss is like." Forgetting that she was there for a moment, the fingers of his offhand touched his lips, as if to commit to memory the feeling. He couldn't help but lightly smile, before hastily clearing his throat.

"Ahem...Nothing to apologize for. I..ah..." his words were a horrid string of half-thoughts. "...Of all the prizes to choose, that...was a good one."

word count: 304
Image Image Image
Faelora
Title: An unhinged creature
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?t=3458
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?t=3467

By the stars...

Everything had been turned up to a hundred. Her mind was a glorious, turbulent ocean of sensation and thought; excitement and nervousness and euphoria swirled around in her mind, spilling out onto her cheeks and over her mouth in the form of a smile that she simply could not tame.

She rolled onto her side, propping her head up on her elbow as her gaze followed the mercenary. He was quiet, almost reverent; a reaction she found curious and (if she was honest) flattering at first. Then he revealed - seemingly without realizing it was out loud - that the mighty warrior had not known what such an experience was like... that it had been his first.

The Siltori felt a pang of guilt at the realisation. She had taken the situation for granted; rushing into it without considering what he had actually been ready for. But as she opened her mouth to apologise again, she noted his reaction. He didn't seem upset or taken aback, rather, he seemed almost as giddy as she was.

The sable-skinned man further assuaged her guilt by telling her not to apologise, that he approved of her choice of prize.

"Wait til you see what I've got in mind for when I graduate your lessons" She smirked.

But although the quip was flirty and suggestive, the witch gazed at Barbatos in a new light. In some ways he had been exposed to more than most people would in their entire lives, but even so, there was this side of him that had been... protected? Sheltered? Hidden away? He still had a measure of innocence, and given his past, the elf considered that a most precious thing.

"I um... I didn't realise that was your first."

The girl bit her lip awkwardly, but the more she thought, the more her awkward shyness gave way to a genuine curiosity, leading Faelora to raise her eyebrow,

"But seriously, how have you never managed to find yourself with a dozen more eligible maidens in your arms? You're gorgeous, skilled, well-spoken... It doesn't make sense."

word count: 438
ImageImageImage
Barbatos
Title: Orphan of Zaichaer
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?p=18775#p18775
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?t=3466

Header

For a small moment, the sable-skinned man was in his own little world.

It was the rustle of grasses underneath her form which roused him from his own thoughts. Yet, even then, he replayed the moment over and over in his mind's eye. He could still feel the soft touch of her kiss upon him, despite the fact that his fingers now rested upon his lips. Even now, as he spoke, the words were almost uttered in a dreamlike state. The filter in his mind that vetted his thoughts was clearly in a daze, as evidenced by the starry-eyed expression which yet lingered upon his face.

Soon, the ivory-haired woman spoke again, causing Barbatos' eyes to snap back to her face. She...if he was thinking straight he might have filed her words under banter like normal. Yet, his mind was a hurricane of thought. The mere touch of her lips had broken upon a dam inside him - and now, urges that were buried or dismissed were now playing in front of his psyche. The notion that things were now...plausible? They caused his cheeks to remain enflamed and his heart to continue thundering inside his chest.

"Maybe...you'll be teaching lessons of your own.." came his response.

It wasn't until she remarked about that moment being his first that rational thought interjected once more. Barbatos suddenly felt...a pang of inexperience. It was similar to the first time he had ever attempted to be hired for work alone. Alongside more seasoned warriors, he felt a touch inadequate that day. As if, possibly, he would disappoint. That he would not be able to keep up. Unbenowest to him, overthinking was quickly becoming a pitfall. Saying nothing, he watched as she bit her lip. And then, when she remarkedd about maidens, Barbatos chuckled aloud.

"Didn't much have a chance to." came his admission. "We...my folks and I...we didn't live inside the city proper. We lived in the outskirts. Think father chose were we settled to avoid direct military service or something. Anyway." his dominant hand waved away the digression. "Only saw ladies when I went into town, and that was always on an errand or for work. Never had a chance to stop and smell the roses. Though..."

He smiled sheepishly. Rational thought had not yet fully engaged. "I'm glad that I didn't have the chance. I'll cherish this memory more than smooching some maiden."

word count: 453
Image Image Image
Faelora
Title: An unhinged creature
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?t=3458
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?t=3467

Maybe... you'll be teaching lessons of your own

A contented sigh escaped the Siltori's lips as she listened to her mercenary companion explain how he had managed to dodge companionship for as long as he had. As she listened, the witch felt a pang of guilt as her question prompted him to talk about his past. She had seen the tiny flashes of pain in his eyes, in the brief moments before he could pretend it wasn't there. But he didn't dwell, and finished by saying he was glad she had been his first.

Faelora's expression softened, and one hand moved to her chest. Never had she felt so humbled by something. Her own first had been... an experience she wouldn't wish upon her worst enemy. It felt... almost freeing to first-hand experience that it can be so much better.

"I'm glad I was able to give you a memory to enjoy." She replied quietly with a soft smile.

After a moment's thought, the witch sat up. Reaching around her neck, she carefully pulled off one of her necklaces, one of the few she had initially left on for her lessons. The necklace itself was fairly humble; a preserved rabbit's paw, fixed with a couple of wooden beads on a leather strap.

"You know that most of my talismans are mostly for looks." She explained, "but some of them have meaning, even if it's only sentimental. This one in particular was one of the few I've had since I was a little girl, the first time mother taught me how to honor the spirit of a creature that you kill."

She paused, a deep blush taking her pale cheeks. Suddenly she regretted having opened her mouth, feeling silly and like she was showing far too much of her hand,

"I've thought about giving it to you for a little while."

She gingerly offered it to him, keeping her eyes downcast.

word count: 417
ImageImageImage
Rune
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?t=3831

R E V I E W

Lore: 12 each

Injuries/Ailments: Barbatos in slight shock?

Loot: None

Notes: Good sparring thread! Surprise ending ;)
word count: 53

Return to “Kalzasi”