Moderators: Principal Author, Regional Author, Associate Author, Junior Author

Siorey
Title: The Boy with the Eldritch Tattoo
Character Sheet: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1219
Plot Notes: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=1226
Character Secrets: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1290

₪ Siorey V. ₪
₪ 91st of Searing, Year 122, A.o.S ₪
Company: Himself | Thoughts: Where did this door come from | Mood: Cautious, Curious
It was like any other day for the scholar, slowly working his way through another stack of books he was researching. He didn't mind the trivial reading he subjected himself to, knowing that it could lead to something worthwhile. He was sweeping through the pages of a particular book, minding his own business, and began making mental notes of the interesting tidbits that jumped out at him.

As he went about his research, there was something within the pages that caused him to jump from his seat and rush over to the bookshelf nearby. At first, he didn't notice it, but then he looked up and saw it. It was a door, an ordinary one, but one that didn't fit. He had been in this dorm room for as long as he had been a circle mage and never once noticed this new door within his room. Cautiously, he grabbed his axe and made his way toward it.

A hesitant hand reached out for it, but withdrew momentarily. He was not sure what could be on the other side of it. He didn't even know what caused it, but he wouldn't know until he found out he supposed. With a deep breath, he opened the door and walked through it. What awaited him on the otherside however was not what he was expecting. A man in a chair, eyes that seemed to glow, and a relaxed demeanor about him.

He introduced himself as Kynne, welcoming Siorey to this place known only as the Duck. Many questions formed in his mind as he stood there listening to the man speak. "I am Siorey Val'maranthy." he whispered, pondering as to what he could do to surprise the man. It was a difficult task, to say the least, as he couldn't tell what this person before him would consider surprising. But then he had a thought, wondering if it would work in this place.

With a deep breath, he surged his body with aether as four large tentacles exploded forth from his back, each one a vibrant and iridescent amethyst hue along the scales. The 10ft long, 4ft thick tentacles reached out to touch the man beckoning for a surprise only to stop short and recoil back as if teasing the man. "I hope this suffices to surprise you."
"Common Speech"
"Mythrasi Speech"
"Self-Thoughts"
"Aidolon Speech"
[S E T T I N GxxT H E M E]
word count: 519
Aegis

Captain Kynne's grin grew a bit as the tentacles burst forth from Siorey. His eyes watched their movements carefully, then he spoke. "Reminds me of a lover I had, many years ago. Same exact coloring."

Then he winked at Siorey. He spread his arms out before him as tentacles, in bright oranges and pinks and yellow, burst out of the walls, the ceiling, and the floor. Each was roughly the same size as Siorey's own, and they lashed out, grasping near the tips of Siorey's. And there was a heavy pressure applied. Against the first of Siorey's, the tentacle was strangling and constricting. Against the second, the tentacle was attempting to pull it, stretch it, yank it from Siorey's body. Against the third, the tentacle was trying to twist Siorey's tentacle over and over upon itself. Against the fourth, the tentacle was trying to pin the tentacle to the floor. The strength and pressure from them were heavy.

And all the while Captain Kynne sat there watching, waiting, an amused smirk on his face. While effortlessly maintaining this apparent assault on Siorey's tentacles, he began to speak again. "You smell like the crisp, mountain air. Of Lake Udori. Kalzasern I assume? It's been ages since I've graced those peaks." As he spoke, the tentacles were increasing their pressure on Siorey's.

"Would you so kindly tell me what it is like these days? I do enjoy reminiscing on days of old, but I've been at sea for a while now. I suspect my friends there have all passed on to their next lives. But that's how it goes, the wheel continues to turn."

While continuing to work the tentacles against Siorey, he stood up, "Are you thirsty?"

He walked over to the wall, and a panel opened up. Inside was a crystalline pitcher of water, two matching goblets. He grabbed the tray, and brought it back over, setting it down on the table. "Would you mind pouring them for us?"

word count: 357
Siorey
Title: The Boy with the Eldritch Tattoo
Character Sheet: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1219
Plot Notes: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=1226
Character Secrets: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1290

₪ Siorey V. ₪
₪ 91st of Searing, Year 122, A.o.S ₪
Company: Himself | Thoughts: Where did this door come from | Mood: Cautious, Curious
His eyes went wide as the strange man summoned forth tentacles of his own, each one seeming o appear from every surface of the room. The man didn't seem phased at all, albeit reminiscent of a lover he once had by the show of the aether forged appendages. Siorey held his composure the best he could under the assault from the other's hoard of tentacles.

As he watched the man move he knew the place he had ventured into was nothing normal and a wave of caution came over him. He was sure what he had just walked into, but he knew he would have to be careful if he wanted to make it out alive. The other seemed rather keen in his discernment of where Siorey hailed from, which astounded the mage. "A lot has changed since you have been there, we are amidst a war with Zaichaer at the moment, not to mention dealing with Dread mists and the fallout from it."

His words hung in the air as he observed the other male go and fetch them something to drink. Seeing no need to keep the tentacles active, he dismissed them from the onslaught of the stronger ones of the room. Khynne asked him to pour them a glass of water. Hesitant at first Siorey nodded and filled the two glasses with the clear liquid before taking a seat himself. "Just what are you? More so, what in the name of the gods is this place?" he asked with eyes filled to the brim with curiosity.
"Common Speech"
"Mythrasi Speech"
"Self-Thoughts"
"Aidolon Speech"
[S E T T I N GxxT H E M E]
word count: 387
Aegis

REVIEW TIME

Siorey

Lores: 4 Skill lores

Loot: none
Injuries: none