Price List Beta (Mage Money Issues)

Completed or archived requests.

Moderators: Principal Author, Regional Author, Associate Author, Junior Author

Carina
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2099
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2111

Issues spotted while working on a business plan for Carina's business.

She is an apprentice level Scrivener for this season, so her wage (including business bonuses) would be 8,625 CP. Her business expenses, at minimum, would be 25 SP (or 2500 CP) for a single vial of spellwright's ink, 30 SP (3000 CP) for a single stack of Apprentice scroll paper. Mirage said that the minimum rent for a southside office would be 30 SP, so that's another 3000 CP out of her income for the season. Which would leave a total income of 1 SP and 25 CP, and that's just the bare necessities of supplies she would need for the season as a business owner using a world magic. I haven't looked at the other prices but this is already a very major issue. I wanted to start a business but it wouldn't be viable until she was already expert, and half her business doesn't even use magic, it's just regular transcription and contract services.

Other suggestion is to please put the currency conversions on every page in the price list.
word count: 192
Paragon
Title: Chief Author of Ransera

Well howdy!

I've gone through and updated some of the base wages. Doing some of the new calculations, let's tackle a hypothetical situation. That said, I want to stress that the wages established in the Price List are the minimum wage that each profession category will be awarded. Moderators have it at their discretion to set someone at a higher wage based on an area's economy and how that profession impacts it.

Profession Category: Mage
Skill: Semblance (Expert) | I have chosen Semblance in this scenario because of the discussions we've had surrounding your proposed business. I know the direction you want to take it, so I am going to recommend that this magic be used.

Minimum Wage: 60 CP/day
Assigned Wage: 100 cp/day | Carina is in possession of some very unique Quirks. Additionally, she is offering a service that has not been proposed anywhere else. So I am giving her a boost in wage start in this scenario.

100 cp x 2.5 (Expert) = 250 cp/day

250 x 92 = 23,000 cp/season + 25% (Sales Bonus + Creativity Bonus) = 28,750 cp

28,750 cp = 287 sp 50 cp = 2 gp 87 sp 50 cp /season
word count: 202

Return to “Request Archive”