Don't Think Twice [Solo]

In which Hilana possibly bites off more than she can chew.

"Red Rock Citadel" is a remote outpost of the Silver Sentinels situated in a barren stretch of the Atraxian Desert which serves as headquarters to the Custodes Deorum- A branch of the Vigilia devoted to the divine affairs.

Moderators: Principal Author, Regional Author, Associate Author, Junior Author

Hilana Chenzira
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?t=3526
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?t=3545
Letters: viewtopic.php?t=5196

60 Searing, Year 123

[Closed - Solo]

"Will you practice with me?" Hilana asked Athalia when she found her sister with her embroidery. She had claimed one of Hilana's plain blouses that was in otherwise fine condition, and had started doing some embroidery to add embellishment to it. It was almost painful the way her shirts had so little decoration on them compared to her skirts, but garment by garment, Lia was seeking to correct that. It gave her something to do and to occupy her time while she and Lykos studied or worked on other subjects, and the elder sister's fingers were nimble and used to working almost mindlessly. There was something quite peaceful about it, but she couldn't convince Hilana of the same.

She was simply too wild, and there was too much energy. Sitting down and trying to corral her for something like this wasn't going to be successful, but fortunately, there were other things that they could do. There were some things in which Hilana was contentedly quiet about and with, and Lia had hardly believed it when Hilana had sat still, and kept on a relaxed conversation while she was grooming Raithen's wings for hours. If one had told her it was doable before she would have scoffed at the very concept, but there she was, doing exactly that.

"Of course. What are we doing?" Lia wanted to know, lowering the hoop.

"I wanted to practice with my falcata. Lykos is in the ice box," she referred to the Frostrylyth seeding room. "So I was wondering if I might trouble you to use your Elementalism so that I might keep working on it."

That was unexpected, but Lia didn't mind being asked. She could see the value of her sister using something to defend herself with if her powers were taken from her again, Founders forbid.

word count: 332

Return to “Arx Rubrum Petram”