Arms and Wings [Raithen]

Wherein two odd fighters meet and share their odd fighting styles.

The Umbrium is the lower half and secondary seat of the Solunarian Capital and one of the dual-cities that comprises Solunarium Proper. Before the rise of Aværys, mining revealed the site of a ruined, underground city which they dubbed Oblitium “The Forgotten City”, the foundations of which were incorporated into what is now The Umbrium. Warmed by the magma that churns just behind the walls, the Umbrium houses the Palatium Umbrarum (The Shadow Palace) which was constructed directly beneath its sunlit counterpart, the Blazing Palace. This palace serves as the primary seat of government when the sovereign is moonborn, and houses the headquarters of The Silver Sentinels.

Moderators: Principal Author, Regional Author, Associate Author, Junior Author

Finn
Character Sheet: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=916
Character Secrets: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=925

"Thankfully the Rune still wears me out faster than the sword, so I do more practicing with steel than sorcery," he admitted, just letting his sweat evaporate a bit. "At least you know what you need to do. I have been practicing with myself so long, I probably ought to seek out a blademaster to give me some instruction, as well..." But having an occasional sparring partner wouldn't hurt either. He couldn't imagine fighting an Avialae in earnest unless the Gelerian Imperium sent their Kathar slave-knights against Kalzasi or Solunarium, though he supposed that was not outside the realm of possibility.

Finn wasn't truly attempting to mine information about Phocion, but he did like the occasionally dour elf. The country boy in him wanted to embrace Arvælyn's family as his own; if nothing had changed, he supposed he might marry his lover. But now there were complications and he didn't know what the future held for them. At least Raithen's symphony lacked any of the calculation of his family. It felt nice to have a rapport so quickly with one of his lover's relatives, though he hated having to hide that secret knowledge.

The country boy in him also appreciated the easy affection. City folk were so serious about their personal space. His arm came up around the man's waist, not wanting to get entangled with wings.

He let Raithen lead the way.

"In Kalzasi, there's a bar where they drop a shot of one drink into half a glass of another and... some sort of alchemy happens and it starts to bubble over like a volcano. They call it something like a volcano, as well. You then have to pick it up as it's foaming and drinking down quickly, trying not to make a mess. Seems a waste of drink to me, but people do like their spectacles." He laughed.
word count: 339
we keep on churning and the lights inside the house turn on
and in our native language, we are chanting ancient songs
and when we quiet down, the house chants on without us
Rune
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?t=3831

R E V I E W

Lore:
Finn: 11
Raithen: 10

Finn may use for Traversion
Raithen may use for Kinetics