From Sol'Valen with Love (Part II)

The Jewel of the Northlands

Moderators: Principal Author, Regional Author, Associate Author, Junior Author

Rhydian ValKor
Title: Prince Rhydian of Koiláda ton Spathión
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?t=5233
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?t=5355

“You should take solace, Karrhei. These are merely matters of demigods. Cogitate:” Rhydian smiled, pleased to be engaging in exercises of the mind.

“If a demigod is the conjunction of mortal and divine and Hytori are the first race to be afflicted with mortality, who is the elder? And what does that betoken?” Rhydian might have felt at a disadvantage to be broaching matters of divinity with an actual cleric, but he did not really distinguish theology from any other sort of philosophy. As his line of thought may have suggested, he regarded gods in the context of the stories history of his own race. Had the Hytori not been as deities in the extraterrestrial realms they once ruled, even if they were not on par with the likes of gods as they were perceived on Ransera? It was all, Rhydian believed, a matter of perspective.

He sighed.

“Oh, how I wish my instructions were clearer… More direct.” He shook his head. “But even as gods are cryptic to the eyes of the mortal races, so too is our god-anointed liege a mystery to mortals such as I.” The prince turned his face away and downward, before rising from his seated position and beginning to emerge from the sunken bath. Although Serrhion was otherwise engaged, another servant rushed to attention and collected his robe. Rhydian opened his arms and, sensing the water still on his skin with his aether sense, he used his Craft of Kinetics to push it away from his flesh. Once dry, he nodded to the servant with the robe, who approached to close it around his slender shoulders.

“Is it sacrilegious, do you think? For me to colour myself in the tones of a cleric for attending the Phoenix King as you do Suion?”

word count: 315
Karrhei ValMeraomel
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?t=5239
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?t=5365

"I know you are right, still I am concerned. I know that we will of course prevail, but how many scars will our great empire be forced to bare?"

He turned his gaze away as Rhydian rose from the water. His mind already held many images of Rhydian's form that the prince need not know of, that he needed to start letting go of. Besides, his mind was still working over Rhydian's words. Though when he thought on things much bigger than himself and the individuals he helped with their day to day, when his mind turned to the machinations of deities other than Suion, it felt as though the world was a pendulum swinging and lingering in the extremes rather than settling in the middle. Even the end of the eclipse had him holding his breath. Karrhei realized his breath had actually hitched for a moment and he released it in a soft sigh as the priest rose from the water as well, though he could not simply push the water off of his skin he did squeeze it out of his braid. Karrhei sat on the edge of the bath, taking a soft towel to dry himself some as a servant retrieved his robe for him. The Eros took the robe, putting it on for himself even though he knew the servant would have. The soft smile directed at the servant served as both thank you and assurance that it was merely the priest's preference to put it on himself.

As Karrhei tied the belt of the robe around himself he pondered Rhydian's words. "I do not believe it so. You attend your beloved, His Majesty, loyally. And he is, as you said, God-anointed. I am dedicated to my beloved Goddess Suion but it does not stop other Gods from existing or others from worshiping them in their own ways. That is not sacrilegious, your love and devotion are beautiful gifts."
word count: 335
Rhydian ValKor
Title: Prince Rhydian of Koiláda ton Spathión
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?t=5233
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?t=5355

“No more than we are able to brook.” Rhydian replied with prompt certainty, tying a silken belt around the patterned crimson and gold robe that was now draped over his form.

"I am pleased you find it so." Rhydian replied with a faint smile, as he padded back into the sitting room. His servants moved to clean up the tea service in the bathroom. Finding Serrhion returning from his task, Rhydian nodded to the elder elf.

"I will take a nip of brandywine." He said as he lowered himself to recline upon a chaise longue, propping his feet up on a cushion and crossing the ankles as he rested his back on a larger pillow. He tipped his head back to rest upon it as he stared absently at the Kalzasern patterns on the ceiling.

Serrhion stepped over to the bar that had been stocked with Rhydian's favourites from back home and uncorked the decanter to pour a bit of dark liquid into a stemmed sherry glass, which was promptly delivered into Rhydian's hand. The prince lifted his head to draw the glass to his lips for the tiniest, relishing sip, before placing it down on the coffee table. After a hot bath, a few cups of tea and now this decadent taste of home, he was feeling well and truly relaxed despite the stresses of travel and that which he missed this far from Silfanore.

"When Karrhei enters, please offer him a drink, as well." Rhydian instructed.

"Of course, sire." Serrhion inclined his head in the approximation of a bow and returned to stand beside the bar, poised to pose the offer when Karrhei was done drying off and dressing to his satisfaction.
word count: 302

Return to “Kalzasi”