Pure Indulgence [Solo]

In which Hilana endeavours to bake a cake.

"Red Rock Citadel" is a remote outpost of the Silver Sentinels situated in a barren stretch of the Atraxian Desert which serves as headquarters to the Custodes Deorum- A branch of the Vigilia devoted to the divine affairs.

Moderators: Principal Author, Regional Author, Associate Author, Junior Author

Hilana Chenzira
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?t=3526
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?t=3545
Letters: viewtopic.php?t=5196

49 Searing, Year 123

[Closed - Solo]

When Lia entered the kitchen and took stock of the ingredients that Hilana was gathering, she promptly took a seat. "I don't suppose you're making honey cake, soror? What's the occasion?"

"No occasion," Hilana smiled at her, pouring her a cup of tea and sliding it over to her as she started steeping the dark, rich tea that would be needed for the cake itself. "I just thought it would be a nice treat for us. And it was a long day at work. Some customers were a bit out of sorts, and even though I've been there for a year, they only want to deal with Vasilei."

"You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the whole world, Hilana, and there's always going to be someone who hates peaches. Don't take it personally. You can charm a lot of people and you do, but some people are always going to want to work with your elders before they'll work with you. Let me guess, it was an elder?"

"Right in one," she agreed. "I don't mind, not really. I've got patients that have come to prefer me to Vasilei, and there are some that will come and talk to me... and leave if I'm not there," she laughed. "It's fine, really. What others think of me is none of my business." When the hot water hit the tea leaves, the fragrant scent bloomed in the kitchen, and both sisters inhaled nearly at the same time to savour it. "But back to better and sweeter things."

"Are you going to put nuts on top?" Lia inquired as she swirled the tea in her cup, stirring it up a bit with a spoon in order to encourage the flavour to develop. "Walnuts, maybe?"

"I could, sure," Hilana agreed, smiling at her. "We'll chop some up and toast them."
word count: 341

Return to “Arx Rubrum Petram”