The Black Rose [Rune]

Wherein Aurin makes contact with the Myshalarai.

High City of the Northlands

Moderators: Principal Author, Regional Author, Associate Author, Junior Author

Aurin
Character Sheet: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1041
Character Secrets: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1061
Letters: viewtopic.php?t=3581

Aurin was riding on the exhilaration of a close brush with death and a dangerous job completed despite the odds, but he wasn't the sort who relished killing other people. He was good at it, though, by blood and by training. While he didn't know who the second woman had been, she had been important enough to enter a Sentinel's office without being announced, and so he could hope that he had cut a few heads from the hydra-beast that was the Order of Reconciliation here in its own territory. Perhaps if more of its resources were turned inward, it would have less to spend on Kalzasi.

"Why have one evildoer's soul when you can have two for the price of one?" he asked. His glamours were hiding cuts and bruises; he didn't know if they could see through that the way he could knife through illusions with his other trick, but he assumed he wasn't the most skilled illusionist in the room, even if he was finding out that he was actually very good at it in the scheme of things. Perhaps it wasn't such a hard pitch to get the Myshalarai to snatch him up.

"I should think it'd take more than a night to teach me all your tricks, but you'll find me an apt pupil."

He grinned against the finger on his lip, and glanced down at the rose in his lapel. It seemed as though he was in with the one coven, and hopefully the souls of their enemies would ingratiate him enough with the necromancers that they would at least make him a trusted friend of the coven. When he actually spoke to the Grymalka, he might mention Torin's patron; she was a necromantic healer from the sound of things. He didn't know if they would appreciate him scouting out recruits, but this was a man whose bread and butter were information, after all.

"Until tonight, then, lovely..."

When Eshar departed, he waved Jacq over. He told him where he was staying, as well as the plan for the time being. If the Whispers could keep an eye on Urs for him, that was one less thing to occupy his time. Then, when the time was right, he could transport that little coven en masse to Kalzasi.

"Have you thought about settling in Kalzasi?" he asked. "A team like yours, I could find solid work. There's always danger, but a mite less than you face here..."

fin.
word count: 426
“I don't want to be at the mercy of my emotions.
I want to use them, to enjoy them, and to dominate them.”
Rune
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?t=3831

R E V I E W

Lore: 11

Injuries/Ailments: Small cuts and bruises from the fight, (Maybe more from the after party?)

Loot: Initiation into the Myshalarai Coven and access to its Quirk, friendly contacts in the Grymalka Coven, contract with the Whispers Coven.

Notes: Aurin finally does lives up to his assassin roots, mama would be proud. Or, probably not, considering Ava.
word count: 92

Return to “Zaichaer”