Letters to Aurin

Moderators: Principal Author, Regional Author, Associate Author, Junior Author

Aurin
Character Sheet: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1041
Character Secrets: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1061
Letters: viewtopic.php?t=3581

Aurin Kavafis' Mailbox
All mail can be posted here. Please indicate whether this mail reaches him by way of the Golden Peacock Theater, the post box of Portions for Foxes, or other.
word count: 64
“I don't want to be at the mercy of my emotions.
I want to use them, to enjoy them, and to dominate them.”
Arvælyn
Character Sheet: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1139
Character Secrets: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1154

[The following letter, dated 25 Searing 122, was written using a cipher Arry learned in service to Portions for Foxes]
To: Aurin Kavafis
C/O: Portions for Foxes
Kalzasi, Karnor
Munus Litterarum Luxium, Solunarium
Dearest Aurin,

Once again I owe you a great debt. my saviour. First you saved me from abjection and now you've saved me from mediocrity.

To wit: The seeds you sowed in Antiris have borne fruit and I am over the moon! My wildest fantasies, it seems, were not wild enough to match my reality. On our very first day in Solunarium, I saw the two things I was most eager to clap eyes upon: A dragon, and my mum. After the glorious, golden Crownwyrm greeted us at port after whale hunting, we were conducted to a fancy villa where we dined with my mother and half-brother. Apparently, I have a couple more siblings as well. You won't be surprised to know that my mum remains a cagey bird, but she has revealed enough tidbits for me to have learnt that I was underselling myself with my former sobriquet and backstory. There is strangeness afoot. I am not fully trusting. You know that never comes easy to me and yet, having plied my 'trick' upon her, I know that there is truth to her claims and concerns... I even sensed actual love for me in her heart. Solunarium is queer and severe in many ways. I sense that, after a fashion, she felt I needed to brook hardship to to be worthy. Worthy of what? I know not yet, but rest assured I did let her taste of the pain I endured to satisfy her schemes.

I wish I could go into greater detail, but I hesitate to do so in writing- Even using our cipher. There is some nebulous peril at hand that demands my discretion. In the meanwhile, I've adopted a Solunarian name. Kyros Len'Sorokys Arvælyn. Given names go last in Vastian, and they certainly seem to love the character æ. The locals constantly mispronounced Arvalyn until I changed it to Arvælyn. I rather like it. What do you think?

I miss you fiercely, Fox, and hope you might visit that I can treat you to meal or something. Perhaps, if we set a date and time, Finn might be able to use his new trick to bring us closer or I don't know. There's all manner of strange magic about this place. Perhaps I'll stumble across a more efficient means of communication before this letter reaches you by post. I am desperate to hear how you're doing, as well.

I hope all is well with your businesses. Please give my best to the ensemble at the Golden Peacock and, as always, my worst to Torin!

I kid.

Cura, ut valeas!

Arry
word count: 483
“O for a Muse of fire, that would ascend
The brightest heaven of invention...”

Phædryn Sol'Zalkyrion Arvælyn Princeps
['faɪd,ɹɪn solˌzæl'kiɹi,on ɑɹˌvɛɪˈlɪn]
Carina
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2099
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2111

To: Aurin Kavafis
The Golden Peacock Theater
Kalzasi, Karnor

Transcriptionist Services
113 Allen St, Wintergarten Circle
Gel'Grandal, Gelerian Imperium

Dated Searing 15th, 123.

Ever since the disaster in Zaichaer, I've been mostly milling around in Gel'Grandal, taking on odd jobs. I started my own business that you might find useful, if it's not too far. It's difficult to make friends in a new city. If you'd like to pay a visit to a friend, I wouldn't mind.

Anna
word count: 109

Return to “Letters”