Ambulate Mecum [Hilana]

Wherein Finn and Hilana catch up on adventure and recovery.

"Red Rock Citadel" is a remote outpost of the Silver Sentinels situated in a barren stretch of the Atraxian Desert which serves as headquarters to the Custodes Deorum- A branch of the Vigilia devoted to the divine affairs.

Moderators: Principal Author, Regional Author, Associate Author, Junior Author

Raithen
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?p=18227
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?t=3373

Though he could hear the voice from beyond the land of the living, he was loathe to listen to the words. As hot-headed as the Avialae could be, however, if there were grains of truth in the tale then it would be a simple thing for him to confirm. As cup bearer to Avaerys Himself, it would be a simple matter to ask if His Divine Radiance had plans for whatever was left of the Len’Sælyan spawn. Raithen would not question the will of The Twins, but, if, as he suspected, this Aeros' grand proclamations of his own value were the presumptions they sounded, there would be nothing to give him pause.

It was obvious that none of the lengthy speech was really intended for him, he was seen by the ghost as a bystander at best, more likely an intruder on what were viewed as private matters. How he was viewed mattered not to him, nor did anything that could remain to be said by any of them unless any of them were intending to come to Aeros' defense. Raithen would listen and give genuine heed to Hilana, Finn, or Khyan, but having heard what they had said already, it seemed unlikely that anyone who knew him better than the duke would speak on his behalf.

When the burning gaze of the spirit of vengeance turned to him he did not expect to see a change for he did not know how much of their original personalities such beings were allowed to maintain. So, when the visage and voice both changed into something so much closer to the man he remembered something in him crumpled. Anger had been his initial reaction to learning that his friend had died and it had shielded him from the pain that was, now, both forthcoming and acute. Though he knew that, now, it could not matter, he still spoke, for himself as much as for Khyan,

"I am sorry that I did not seek you out. I thought it would only hurt to have me recall what once was." It was likely he had been right, and he wasn't apologizing; rather, expressing sorrow that the circumstances had been such that it was so. When Khyan had said the rest of what he would Raithen drew his eyes away where he too focused briefly on the faces of each of the other two.

"I will go now, to His Divine Radiance to ask of this matter. If, truly, it is His will that this creature continues to exist on our plane then I will not resist His will, but, if He cares not for its fate then I will return to inform you as soon as may be."

Having said this he looked once more at Khyan with a longing that he did nothing to disguise and that had little if anything to do with lust. Then he stepped far enough from his friends that he could vault away and did so.
word count: 509
Finn
Character Sheet: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=916
Character Secrets: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=925

"Indeed," he murmured thoughtfully, repeating what Aeros had said, "what is mortal law in the face of divinity?"

Hilana certainly did get herself into strange predicaments.

They were at an impasse; it was a matter of the word of a spirit of vengeance against a mutable ghost who wanted to live again. Ere today, Finn would not have been suspicious of either of them, but now, he could not decide what he thought. Phocion Vigilia had the right to make decisions here, but as Finn looked on with compassion for Raithen's plight as well, he knew he would have to do as he said and seek the wisdom of Avaerys. His golden god could be fickle, 'twas true, but Aeros assumed much about his will.

It seemed both of Avaerys' chosen would seek to find the truth.

"You may depart, Khyan," he said. Whether he had thieved Khyan out from under Aeros as the specter attested or merely laid a spiritual claim that had nothing to do with mortal claims, nothing had come of it until now, after Khyan's death. But now, in death, certainly mortal claims fell away. Khyan belonged to Vengeance now, though he did come when Finn beckoned. Aeros remained in the custody of the Custodes Deorum, so of course Finn would seek Phocion's guidance in this as well.

"Seek what comfort your new existence might offer." His symphony reached out to soothe, though he didn't know whether it would work on what he had become. But at least... "That is a command." He smiled sadly.

To Aeros, he nodded gravely. To Hilana, "Compliance with the Custodes Deorum is your best bet." To say he was glad she had survived seemed wrong given two others had not, so he just nodded gravely to her as well, then followed Raithen, vaulting after him to commune with the Rex Regnum.
word count: 331
we keep on churning and the lights inside the house turn on
and in our native language, we are chanting ancient songs
and when we quiet down, the house chants on without us
Aeros
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?t=3625
Plot Notes: viewtopic.php?t=3636
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?t=3644

TIMESTAMP: -
NOTES: -
- - -
- - -
Æros had felt as if the miasma that composed him was wound as tight as a spring, though he was too weak to do much with it. When both Raithen and Finn reacted without brashness or the overt heat of anger, he felt palpable relief.

Before Raithen were to depart, the apparition would direct his gaze to him. “For what it’s worth, I did, sincerely, try to find another way– if it makes you feel any better, I am not without my own mourning and I've plenty suffering to do for my choices.” In the aftermath, if Æros understood nothing else, it was sorrow.

Upon Khyan's departure, the rest of his tension began to finally fade; he knew not what a spirit of Vengeance was capable of and he was certainly not keen to find out.

And once all three of the others had gone, Æros would address Hilana. “I’ll grant you whatever information you wish, in time, but please…give me a bit to process everything. I’m sure you’ve much need of the same; we’ve both reasons to mourn.” And though his voice was still cold and dead, she’d be able to, at least to some degree, detect bits and pieces of the depth of what devastation the spectre did truly feel regarding the gravity of it all. Because even if pieces of that had been softened by his gods answering his final prayers, such did not wholly erase the consequences of his follies.
- - -

"Vallenor Tongue/Speech"
"Vastien Tongue/Speech"
"Valasren Tongue/Speech"
"Common Tongue/Speech"
word count: 355

Say goodnight, to the weakness that you hide behind
Leaving the lies, leaving the fear inside
Never once were you truly alive
So scream all you like, no one can hear you

Soul laid bare,
Hilana Chenzira
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?t=3526
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?t=3545
Letters: viewtopic.php?t=5196

Hilana watched and listened to the others, her eyes bright even though Khyan had told her that her tears were unneeded and unwanted. Anger was what he desired, and if Hilana still wasn't dealing with what she had experienced when her Rune had been returned to her, she would have screamed into a self-made Void. But she didn't have it in her to do anymore beyond what Elementalism she had accomplished in her short walk with Finn along the halls and walls of the Citadel.

Grief, anger, exhaustion, anguish, all were clouding her usually sunny disposition. She nodded her head, one by one, as her other friends left. Raithen, Khyan, and Finn. With Finn's words of advice, she bowed her head and shoulders to him. That was a natural reaction to the brilliant, Radiant crown upon his brow, and she only straightened when he left her and Æros alone at last. She turned to face him fully, smoothing her skirts with her hands and looking about as tired as he had ever seen her.

"In time," she agreed. She wasn't about to let him off of the hook, and she was not willing to spend any more aether on Semblance in order to try to scrutinize him. Yesterday had been harrowing, and while her Wildness kept her going, she wasn't so foolish to think her aether pool had recuperated as quickly. She may have put on a brave face for her friends, but the girl was roiling on the inside. Recounting all that she had for Finn had stirred it all up, as much as she had spent most of the night thinking about it... brought up feelings that the Vastiana wasn't ready to deal with. "You may as well return to the citrine, Æros. We've got a lot to do today, and there's no rest for the wicked." Hilana rarely ever slowed down, and in the aftermath of near death, run-ins with Void-people and Mistlords, demons and ghosts and spirits, there was only way way to go.

Forward.

There was no point in looking back; she couldn't go that way. She couldn't undo what had happened, she couldn't fix the day before. All she could do was pour herself into what was to come. One day at a time.

word count: 410
Talisman

Review

Name: Finn

XP: 15 Points, can be used for Traversion or Mesmer
Injuries/Ailments: None
Loot: None

Name: Raithen

XP: 15 Points, can be used for Traversion

Name: Æros

XP: 15 Points, can be used for Manifestation

Name: Hilana

XP: 15 Points, can be used for Semblance

Name: Pharaoh

XP: 3 Posts x 2 XP = 6 XP

Notes: That was a thread and a half. Revelations, an impromptu funeral... Blood for blood, pain for pain, prices paid and choices made, as Hilana would say.

word count: 116

Return to “Arx Rubrum Petram”